You can share any map you find on the portal website by sending an email with a link or embedding it in a website or blog (no programming required). Open the map in Map Viewer, click the Share button, and choose an option for sharing the map.
- Copy the URL and paste it into an email, blog, or website.
- Embed the map in a website.
- Create an app with one of the provided templates.
- Click the Facebook and Twitter buttons in the Share pop-up.
You may not see all of these sharing options, depending on how your administrator has configured your portal website or if you do not have privileges to share content.
Considerations for sharing maps
- If you want your map to be accessible to everyone, you need to make it public. To do this, click the Share button and check the box next to Share with everyone (public). You can also use the share option on the My Content tab of the content page.
- You can only embed maps that are shared with everyone (public).
- When you share a map through a link or embed it in a website, the extent you last viewed is automatically captured and included in the link or embedded map. When the map is opened, it shows the extent you were viewing when you shared it. This allows you to share and embed maps that open at specific locations. For example, if you find a demographic map for the entire United States, you can zoom in to your city and share a link that opens the map at that city.